25 April 2020
Our offices are getting many inquiries about properties, people asking if we can still show listings, if they can go walk through houses on their own – basically, what is allowed during the lockdown. Berkley & Veller Greenwood Country Realtors does business in both New Hampshire and Vermont; what we’re allowed to do differs by state.
New Hampshire has designated Realtors as essential. The rules:
- Meetings between brokers/agents and clients (or prospective clients) cannot take place at real estate brokerages’ physical offices but may take place with social distancing or remotely by phone, video or other electronic means.Showings of homes or other properties may take place by appointment and with appropriate social distancing measures.
- Real estate closings can continue, either through remote means or with social distancing for any in-person transactions.
- Property inspections and appraisals may continue with appropriate social distancing.
- Open houses are not permitted.
Vermont has just relaxed the rules for real estate professionals.
- Vermont real estate professionals are now able to show properties, attend inspections, appraisals, and closings. We can only meet with, show houses to, and work with one other person at a time. New: We can show properties to members of a household at the same time. Sequential showings must be 30 minutes apart from each other.
- We are all encouraged to maintain social distancing of 6’, and to wear non-medical cloth face coverings (bandanna, scarf, or non-medical mask, etc.) over nose and mouth when in the presence of others.
- Vermont real estate professionals are advised to “stay home, work smart”, minimize exposure, so we work from home, by phone, video or other electronic means when possible. Virtual Open Houses are ok, but not in-person Open Houses.
- Out-of-state buyers are required to self-quarantine in Vermont for 14 days before we can show them properties.
Please email us about properties at Sales@BerkleyVeller.com, or leave a message at 802-254-6400, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible, and do our best to answer questions, send you information, photos, and videos when available.
Like you, we’re looking forward to getting back to real estate!
Tami Berkley Purcell